She Did Day Challenge
Check off one (or more!) of the challenges below in honor of the 100th anniversary of the 19th Amendment and to celebrate Columbia’s second annual She Did Day with Columbia City of Women.
- Watch the She Did Day livestream recorded on August 26 at 10 a.m.
- Participate in the League of Women Voters socially-distanced silent vigil on August 26 at 10:30 a.m. at the South Carolina State House (completed!)
- Tell your “She Did” story and tag three friends to share theirs with #SheDidDay
- Participate in another 19th Amendment or women-centric event listed on our events page
- Recruit 19 people to register to vote
- Text SCVOTES to 52886 to tell Governor McMaster and your state legislators to take action on election safety, security, and accessibility for everyone.
- Check your voter registration and polling information at vote411.org
- Volunteer to drive your neighbors to the polls
- Talk to your church, school, or neighborhood association about how to access information on the election
- Read a book or listen to a podcast on the women's suffrage movement
- Support a local and woman-owned business
- Learn about the lives of Columbia City of Women honorees
- Share the story of a woman of personal significance to you with your daughter, sister, or friend